Monday, August 13, 2012

Pre- planning 2012

Today was the first day back for teachers! We were greeted to a nice breakfast in the Media Center, where teacher were able to chat about their summer fun, catch up, and grab a bite to eat before starting our day. It was great to see both old and new faces and share our stories about our summer travels. After a faculty meeting, we took our staff pictures, had lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon working in our rooms. Since I was itching to get back into my room last week, I did not have tons to accomplish today. I mainly just worked on organizing and what not to make it easier to find things around the room for both the students and I. I always enjoy preplanning because it provides the teachers the opportunity to get our rooms ready and plan, plan, plan some AWESOME activities for the year. After graduating with my Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction earlier this summer, I spent a lot of time researching new strategies and techniques to use in my classroom this year. I also worked hard and just found out that I passed the certification process for Special Education! Now, I really feel prepared to teach the course at UT this semester on the topic of Human Exceptionalities. With the new knowledge I have gained this summer, I look forward to another GREAT year at Gorrie! I cannot wait to kick this year off! I hope to see you all NEXT MONDAY at Meet The Teacher! I will try to take some pictures of the classroom as a "Sneak Peek" and post them later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment