Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Begins...

Welcome Summer! My first year has just come to an end and I enjoyed every minute of it. The year was filled with ups and downs and everything in between. I was blessed to have been offered a job at a wonderful school, surrounded by a great staff, AMAZING teammates and a supportive community. The past year was a huge learning experience for me and I am looking forward to a new year with a new group of kids. This year has just ended and I have already moved on to thinking about next year. I have my new room assignment in a new grade (fifth) and I am ready to begin planning for next year. While I will miss my third grade team, I am excited to see what fifth grade will bring. I thought I would start off my preparations for next year by creating this blog that I can use to communicate to my students, their families and other educators. I look forward to posting updates throughout the summer, as I prepare for the 2010-2011 school year!

3 comments:

  1. When do you start shopping for new classroom stuff? And where are the best places to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping for new classroom stuff is an ongoing task that happens throughout the year. That is why my mind is always flowing with ideas. When I am at a store (Target, Dollar Tree, Big Lots, etc), something might catch my eye and cause me to think of a ton of new ideas to do with the new supply/decoration/ or bulletin board header. I usually buy the item, even if I don't have a place for it (hence the reason why my closet at school is full of brand new materials) and hold on to it until it can be used. I think it is a good way to buy because I spend a little at a time and collect things slowly as I go through the year. I like having a ton of options and finding those deals throughout the year is a great way to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea!! (I am stealing it) ;) I was looking at your ideas for next year and the classroom you did for the 3rd grade and I love all of it. The kids are very lucky to have you as their teacher! :) Keep us posted with your new ideas!! Can't wait to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete