Monday, November 14, 2011

A Great New Website...

It's Pinterest! By visiting http://pinterest.com/ you will find a great new addition to your already growing set of resources. This site is not necessarily a teaching/educational resource as much as it is a bookmarking/organization resource. This AWESOME site allows users (anyone with a valid email address) to basically "bookmark" or save favorite sites and images to different "pin boards." I would compare pin boards to a virtual file folder or clip board where you can organize your different sites into varying categories. Common pin board categories include: Recipes, For the Home, School, Crafts, Family, etc. I have been on the site, "pinning" tons and tons of new resources. I find this site to be very user friendly and the best part is, when you pin a website, it saves to your account NOT YOUR COMPUTER. This means, I can access my favorite websites/images from any computer with an internet connection. How awesome is that? Please go check out this site and let me hear your feedback on the pros and cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment